Application support administrator
Impark is one of the largest parking management companies in North America. We have 55 years of experience, and currently operate parking facilities in more than 240 cities across the United States and Canada. Our business continues to prosper and grow. As a result, we are looking for exceptional people to join our workforce. People who are committed, ambitious, and eager to learn. People like you.
Our continued success is driven by our core values, which are:
- Be admirable : Always conduct yourself in an honest and professional manner.
- Create positive energy: Choose optimism.
- Be a trailblazer : Drive innovative ways to achieve growth.
These values guide our actions and keep us on the right path. At Impark, the most successful people are those individuals who integrate these beliefs into their actions at work, and incorporate them into everyday behavior.
Impark is currently looking for a full-time Application Support Administrator to work at our Vancouver, BC location .
The Application Support Administrator will be responsible for operation, support, and administration of the Azure hosted infrastructure and server applications for Impark’s hangTag customer facing eCommerce parking app. This includes direct support of the Microsoft Azure hosted custom .NET extended Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web application. The application includes custom .NET elements that are managed using Azure Application Insights and accessed by front end Android and iOS apps. This role will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure client satisfaction with operational issues. The successful candidate is also responsible for assisting in the successful transition of new features and bug fixes from development to production, and ensuring the implementation of industry standard procedures related to Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Dynamics CRM administration, scaling, monitoring, and change control. The role also includes developing query driven monitoring using the already built application integration with Azure Application Insights. This position is focused on operational support. This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Team Lead, hangTag Support and Operations.
- Perform tasks related to the operational production support of hangTag eCommerce application for Impark
- Provide Tier 2 support for all back-end hangTag services. Includes Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM with .NET customizations, and Web apps with API integrations, hosted on Microsoft Azure
- Coordinate with other development and support team members for support and operation of the hangTag front end (Android and iOS app)
- Work with development team to document, prioritize, and resolve Tier 3 issues as required
- Ensure timely completion of assigned support tickets related to the hangTag back end server infrastructure and application
- Provide recommendations to the application development and operations teams in relation to system operation, monitoring, and best practices
- Recommend, develop, deploy, and support Application Insights monitoring and logging mechanisms to ensure optimum performance and stability of the hangTag application
- Design, develop, and implement preventative maintenance measures to ensure healthy 24/7/365 operation of the application
- Work closely with the IT management, support, and development teams and other internal partners to satisfy all client requirements
- Provide off hour, on call support as defined by business requirements
- Work with third party vendors to facilitate issue resolution and remediation as required
- Document and train on system architecture using industry standard tools
- Receive and act on escalation requests as directed by the Team Lead
- Work on small to medium scale projects related to the operations and enhancement of the solution
- Work with and provide support to other internal stakeholders including the Product Manager, software development Project Manager(s), internal services, and senior management
Experience: Technical skills
- Experience with administration and development of Enterprise infrastructure and applications on the Microsoft Windows platform
- Moderate to advanced skill level supporting applications within the Azure environment including Application Insights
- Familiarity with Azure VM architecture including scaling and fault tolerance best practices
- Experience in managing Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications and infrastructure
- Experience in managing .NET Web applications
- Experience in managing iOS and Android apps an asset
- Experience with managing PCI in the context of eCommerce an asset
- Passion for creating or fostering a positive culture of progressive software innovation
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Strong technical leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize assigned tasks to ensure delivery to deadlines and expected quality standards
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Microsoft certifications in system administration, software development, or database administration are desirable
- Ongoing skills development or certifications in related technologies is desirable
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and organizing
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain information in confidence
- Strong aptitude to work within defined deadlines
If you describe yourself as a team player, enthusiastic, possess a high level of integrity and the willingness to make a significant contribution, we invite you to apply for this opportunity.
Impark is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with a Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply for this job