The Spirit of the Position
The Assistant Project Manager oversees the operations of a location, under the direction of the Project Manager to ensure 24/7 professional parking and hotel management. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the Assistant Project Manager will support the programs and initiatives originating from our home office and help to support the individual needs of their operational teams throughout their assigned location.
Principal Job Duties
- Assist with the management and development of a team of employees to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking’s culture as a guideline.
- Identifying high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth.
- Responsible for payroll processing; ensuring sign off on hours in timely manner; collaborate with the local payroll department to ensure pay data is completed properly; work with Human Resources Manager to ensure proper wage and hour compliance.
- Responsible for assisting with the opening of newly assigned location.
- Responsible for financial management of assigned location ensuring adherence to budget and revenue enhancements as it relates to staffing, scheduling and operational expenses.
- Responsible for developing client relationships and business retention.
- Organize and narrate parking management skills for Team Leaders and frontline staff.
- Assist the region with the operations preparation for potential new locations including rate surveys, ticket pulls, etc.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual financial and operational reports as required.
- Ensuring that increased revenue, managed expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the expectations of our various clients.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the activities of Team Leaders and frontline staff which may require compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of assigned location.
- Communicate with local police department and emergency management teams regarding operations.
- Assist with the monitoring, review, and analysis of the market rate structures.
- Implementation and completion of other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from assigned location.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
- Position requires nights, weekends and possibly holiday work in accordance with location and area events and needs.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, and proof of safe driving record.
- Ability to operate manual transmission and basic knowledge of high end motor vehicles necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years in Management or Supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Parking management experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
Apply for this job
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.