SpotHero is seeking a Senior Engineer to be part of the team working on our flagship consumer products. This team owns building out new features & products and improving existing ones that allow millions of customers find and book parking seamlessly.
What will you do:
- Architect and build out the API that powers our web application and native apps with a focus on speed, security, and analytics.
- Move existing features from our monolithic codebase into new services that run on Kubernetes using technologies like gRPC and Kafka.
- Be a key hands-on contributor to the design and implementation of new products and features through the entire stack.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning.
- You can go up and down the stack from infrastructure through the application layer all the way up to client libraries.
- Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
- You have at least 5 years of hands on experience as an Engineer across multiple environments using Java and/or Python.
Nice to haves are:
- Kubernetes and/or Mesos experience
- Kafka, Spark and/or Flink experience
- Postgres, MySql and/or Oracle experience
- Elastic and/or Redis experience
- AWS, GCP and/or Azure experience
- Open source contributions to major projects
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
NOTE: We are considering applications for this position from candidates not located in Chicago. However, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and able and willing to travel to Chicago on a quarterly basis.
Apply for this job