The Spirit of the Position:
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), West Coast works as the strategic partner supporting the company’s business initiatives by facilitating the assigned regions’ Human Resources teams in establishing and meeting professional, compliant, fun and people-first employment practices. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused, servant leadership culture, and the Sr. HRBP acts as a liaison between the programs and initiatives originating from our Founding Partners and Home Office HR leaders to support the individual needs of our operational teams throughout the assigned regions.
Principal Job Duties:
HR Processes and Compliance
- Administers annual HR Audits and drives action plans to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Maintains compliance with all state and federal laws in regions and works on developing and executing strategic initiatives to avoid potential wage and hour litigation.
- Manages the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs.
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering and mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to HR, including those relating to executed collective bargaining agreements.
- Partner with internal and external counsel to advise and facilitate legal proceedings and employment issues.
- Educates assigned regional Human Resources teams on appropriate guidelines on maintaining a legally-compliant workplace including updating practices with changes in wage and hour laws.
- Educates others on best practices for identifying and developing talent.
- Supports assigned field human resources teams in facilitating and resolving policy, wage and hours and employee relations issues in accordance with company policy.
- Provides sophisticated leadership to our HR teams in their assigned regions to ensure consistent implementation of effective HR programs and initiatives that align to core business objectives.
- Act as a change agent and strategic partner to the regions’ operations teams and the Home Office to develop strategies for increased efficiency, leveraging analytics, data and reporting to drive results.
- Acts as an escalation for regional HRBPs and provides leadership and support related to policy, wage and hour and employee relations issues in accordance with company policy.
- Fosters and maintains a consultative relationship with internal stakeholders, including operations teams, regional management and the home office.
Leadership & Talent
- Assists assigned field human resources teams and operations teams with performance management, including coaching and counseling.
- Provide strategic HR consulting to operations and the regional HR teams on full spectrum of HR priorities including recruiting, succession planning, organizational development, leadership development and compensation.
- Leads/manages recruiting and staffing efforts for the regions’ growing hourly workforce.
- Safety and Workers Compensation
- Actively manages workers compensation claims and compliance for assigned regions.
HR Special Projects
- Works on acquisition team to lead HR-related tasks, activities and onboarding.
- Identifies and leads the development of high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth educating on best practices for identifying and developing talent.
- Builds a strategy for and executes the annual benefits open enrollment effort for assigned regions.
- Manages employee learning initiatives, safety, wellness and health and employee communications for the assigned regions.
- Others related duties as assigned.
- Up to 40%, depending on business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- PHR certification is preferred
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management or Organizational Leadership preferred
- 7-10+ years HR experience in California with emphasis on employee relations and leadership
- 5+ years leading/managing an HR work team
- Experience implementing and/or leveraging organizational development models
- Knowledge of union laws and guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, with specific experience leading HR in California
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and general Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving
- Strong customer service skills and abilities
- Strong consultative skills
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude)
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.·
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
Apply for this job