Are you a motivated person with a passion for IT? Is it a challenge for you to help facilitate our continuous growth? In that case, Parkmobile is looking for you!
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, organized and has excellent interpersonal skills. You will design, implement, operate and improve our IT infrastructure. While working in a demanding high-tech environment, you will support members of the organization using your knowledge on IT. You will be challenged to improve (parts of) the infrastructure in order to facilitate our continuous growth and support PCI-DSS compliance.
Your responsibilities as a Senior System Administrator:
- Deal with the more complex challenges of monitoring a network
- Monitor server and network performance
- Carry out server updates and maintenance scheduling
- Take the lead on infrastructure projects
- Carry out capacity planning activities
- Perform firewall and L2 switch changes / create IPSEC VPN’s / manage load balancers
- Carry out AWS changes
- Manage patching / vulnerability assessments and remediation.
- To adhere to working practices and self-manage your own work queue
- Assist with setting up business tooling for software engineering team eg. Jenkins
- Must be able to provide 2nd line support and cover for end user support when necessary
Here are some terms and skills you are familiar with:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or IT related study
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience of Linux and AWS
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- · Experience with desktop and server operating systems (Windows and Linux (debian/ubuntu preferably)
- Experience with virtualisation ( VMWare , Hyper-V)
- VPN setup for ‘site to site’ and end users
- Remote Administration tools to resolve problems (RDP, Go to my PC, Team Viewer etc.)
- Apache/Nginx/IIS Web services
- Exposure to PCI-DSS compliance, ITIL, ISO27001 and 24x7x365 operations
- Basic SQL/MYSQL administration.
- Able to resolve network issues using wire data analyis with Wireshark.
Nice to have:
- Experience of configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet)
- CCNA,VCP certifications
- Tuning of linux platforms in high throughput environments.
- Understanding of asterisk based telephony platforms and related technolgies (IVR,Speech recognition)
Ofcourse you want to know something more about us!
Parkmobile is a worldwide successful supplier of innovative and fully integrated electronic parking solutions. With our Parkmobile App, sms or by phone you can pay you parking fees afterwards: the smartest way of parking!
Two hundred people are presently working at Parkmobile Group worldwide. The headquarters and the ‘Software Factory’ development department are located in Diemen but from here we operate also in Belgium, Germany and the United Kingdom. We work very hard and are ambitious but there is time for fun also, for example our famous Parkmobile Pubquiz! Do you want to work for the number 1 Parking App? Let us know.
Apply for this job