What will you do:
- Web/Mobile Application - Work on our consumer and operator sites to deliver the best experience to our users. We are moving from a Backbone.js codebase to React.js single page apps.
- API - Architect and build out the API that powers our web/mobile application and native apps with a focus on speed, security, and analytics.
- Parking Developer Platform - We have partnered up with Fortune 500 companies to bring the SpotHero experience onto their platform and integrating with their applications.
- Operator Tools - Our Parking Garages are crucial to our business. We're building them a suite of analytics tools, to help them monitor and optimize rates and availability.
- Internal Tools - We have a suite of tools that support our day to day operations that help us scale and expand to new markets.
- Data - We utilize Redshift, S3, and Athena to house data from multiple sources and allow for incredibly quick big data analysis.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of one of the following languages: Python, Java, C#
- Extensive knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS (EC2, ECS, RDS, Elasticache, ElasticSearch)
- Knowledge of Docker and containerized environments
- A clear history of self-direction on complex projects, excellent communication skills, and a portfolio (GitHub) that demonstrates these
- Knowledge of different web servers and architecting caching solutions
- Ability to draft and visually communicate technology/design/architecture concepts
- BS in Computer Science or a solid background of CS fundamentals
Nice to haves are:
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Big Data technologies
Steps to apply:
- Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
NOTE: We are considering applications for this position from candidates not located in Chicago. However, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and able and willing to travel to Chicago on a quarterly basis.
Apply for this job